Thursday, December 17, 2009

X-Men First Class Bryan Singer

X-Men First Class MovieUpdate: Bryan Singer is now producing the movie, and he introduced Matthew Vaughn as the new director of X-Men First Class.

Director Bryan Singer just announced that he has been hired by Warner Bros to helm the upcoming X-Men First Class movie:


Bryan Singer will direct the movie X-Men First Class

"I'm prepping up to do a movie called Jack the Giant Killer at Warner Brothers, and I just yesterday signed a deal to do an X-Men First Class Origins picture, which is kind of cool."
Director Bryan Singer


Bryan Singer has since told more to Variety, saying that Xavier and Magneto would be twenty-something:

"This is the formative years of Xavier and Magneto, and the formation of the school and where their relationship took a wrong turn. There is a romantic element, and some of the mutants from 'X-Men' will figure into the plot, though I don't want to say which ones. There will be a lot of new mutants and a great villain.
[...]
Whether it's 'Batman,' 'Lord of the Rings' or 'Star Trek,' if the characters are good, you want to see them on their journey even if you know their destiny. I put myself in the fan's position, and I think this story is something I would want to see, and so will they."
Director Bryan Singer

Bryan Singer was director on the first two X-Men movie, so I guess he's qualified for the job! Let's hope that this movie sequel to the X-Men will somehow get fast-tracked, because I'm damn impatient to watch the movie X-Men Origins First Class!
:)

0 comments: